The Hoover High Swim and Dive team is a competitive team that comes together for both the Sectional Qualifying meet and the State meet. Swimmers and Divers train off-campus at local pools, usually with a year round team. High School meets are different in that the combined score from boys or girls events are used to determine winners.
Students can become a member of the high school team beginning their 7th grade year.
- Swimmers must meet the USA Swim age group times for the 13-14 B min. in free and one other stroke of your choice. If you cannot make these times you are not eligible for the high school team at this time. The coach can review individual times on the USA website if there is any question.
- Swimmers need to compete in at least 2 USA sanctioned meets with their club teams prior to the sectional meet in order to be considered for the relay groups and to have an entry time (from the current season) for the sectional meet. The High School season begins in August of the new school year.
- Fees for the high school team can include but are not limited to the following: Spirit Pack, Meet Expenses, Booster club fees. Fundraising opportunities are also possible through the booster club.
- Athletes must complete all ASHAA and HCS required paperwork***Middle school students must also submit birth certificate, transcript, and advanced STAR program completion certificate.
- Students must be in compliance with AHSAA eligibility rules.
A mandatory parent/athlete meeting is held in August to start the season. All updated calendar and meeting information can be found here on this website.