Head Coach – Lisa Rigsby, firstname.lastname@example.org, rm. E164
The Hoover High Swim and Dive team is a competitive team that comes together for both the Sectional Qualifying meet and the State meet. Swimmers and Divers train off- campus at local pools, usually with a year round team. High School meets are different in that the combined score from boys or girls events are used to determine winners. Students can become a member of the high school team beginning their 7th grade year.
- Swimmers must meet the USA Swim age group times for the 13-14 B min. in free and one other stroke of your choice. If you cannot make these times you are not eligible for the high school team at this time. The coach can review individual times on the USA website if there is any question
- Swimmers need to compete in at least 2 USA sanctioned meets with their club teams prior to the sectional meet in order to be considered for the relay groups and to have an entry time (from the current season) for the sectional meet. The High School season begins in August of each new school year.
- Fees for the high school team can include but are not limited to the following: Spirit Pack, Meet Expenses, Booster club fees. Fundraising opportunities are also possible through the booster club.
- Athletes must complete all ASHAA and HCS required paperwork***Middle school students must also submit birth certificate, transcript, and ADVANCED STAR program completion certificate (code 01223)
- Students must be in compliance with AHSAA eligibility rules.
A mandatory parent/athlete meeting will be held on August 22nd at 6:00pm in rm. E164. All updated calendar and meeting information can be found on hooverhighathletics.com
Updated information can be found at hooverhighathletics.com
2016 Swim and Dive Mandatory Parent/Athlete Meeting
A mandatory parent/athlete meeting will be held on, Aug. 22, 6:00pm, in room E164 (Coach Rigsby’s room) at Hoover High school. You can park in the back parking lot and come in the patio doors.
2016 qualification times are on the state website. Look under publications and then Fall Sports Book to see the official times. http://www.ahsaa.com
Paperwork must be completed and turned in before this meeting. All online forms can be found at http://hooverhighathletics.com under forms in the upper right hand corner, and hard copies(media release, middle school docs) go straight to the athletic office. It is very important to get this done before our meeting date. I will have a list of students who are eligible based on completed information at the meeting so that you can check.
***Up to date Physical (print and bring in Dr. Signed form)
Hoover City Schools Consent
AHSAA releaseField Trip
Media Release/Handbook (Print and bring in Hard Copy)
School Medication Form
***Medical Insurance Card Copy
***Middle School Students also need to bring
Copy of Birth Certificate
Completed STAR (high school Level) Certificate code:01223
Sectional Meets Nov. 18-19, 2016 Crossplex, Birmingham Note: Swimmers who qualify for finals must swim in finals.
State Meet Dec. 9-10, 2016 Auburn University
Students must meet qualifying standards in order to participate in both of these meets.