Hoover High School Athletic Training Room (ATR) Treatments and Injury Evaluations Hours:
The athletic training room is CLOSED during the day from 8:00am to 2:32pm. Students cannot leave class to receive treatment, injury evaluation, or to be taped.
- The Athletic Training Room will open at 7:00am Monday through Friday.
- Treatments start promptly at7:00am.
- Athletes showing up for treatment after 7:30am will be instructed to return for afternoon treatment.
- The training room will close at 8:00 a.m.
- The Athletic Training Room will open at 2:32pm for 7th Period treatments and at 3:30pm for after school treatments.
- Athletes showing up any time after 3:00pm for 7th Period treatments will be instructed to go to practice.
- Athletes showing up any time after 4:00pm for After School treatments will be instructed to go to practice.
- The athletic training room will close at 5:30 p.m.
- Injury Evaluations will be performed during the morning or afternoon from 7:00am – 8:00am or 2:30pm – 5:30pm.
Note: At times the ATR will not be open during the regular posted hours. In this case a note will be posted on the ATR door notifying athletes/coaches where the athletic trainer is located on campus. For example “AT is at the Soccer field. If this is a medical emergency CALL 911!”
Dr. Ellerbusch ATR Appointments:
- All athletes must be evaluated by an athletic trainer prior to the Monday morning that Dr. Ellerbusch is in the ATR.
- Dr. Ellerbusch provides FREE follow up visits and injury evaluations in the athletic training room every Monday morning in the Fall and every other Monday morning in the Winter and Spring.
- Dr. Ellerbusch begins his follow ups and evals promptly at 7:00am.
Physical Therapy – Encore:
- Encore offers a service to our injured athletes who have been prescribed physical therapy by a medical doctor.
- This service is performed on campus utilizing the athletic training room.
- Physical therapy sessions are scheduled through Encore Monday through Thursday 2:30-5:00pm during the academic school year.
- Physical therapy sessions are administered by an Encore physical therapist.
- Encore charges each patient/athlete they see for their service.
The phone number to the training room is (205) 439-1262.